Even if you try to maintain your iPhone XS in pristine condition, the phone might fall, resulting in a broken screen. Accidents like these are common but can be pretty frustrating and stressful. However, it is important not to panic and take the following steps to improve the situation.
What should you know about the iPhone XS replacement screen?
- Firstly, you should assess the damage. Take a look at your phone and see how much damage has been caused by the fall. If the screen is cracked, but the phone is working, you can continue using it until it is fixed. On the other hand, a shattered screen warrants an immediate visit to a registered Apple technician.
- You need to keep in mind that when it comes to replacing the iPhone screen, it is not a simple do-it-yourself project. Although several YouTube videos and tutorials claim to show how you can repair the screen on your own, it is not recommended at all.
- If you attempt to fix the screen on your own, it will void the warranty and could cause further damage to the device. You should always get help from a registered technician.
Tips to help you find a technician to replace the iPhone XS screen
- Always look for a registered and experienced technician working with iPhone devices. You can get referrals from friends or family members and even search online for reviews of local technicians.
- Make sure you check out at least three or four technicians before making a final choice. It is necessary to ask about the cost and the turnaround time so that you can make an informed decision.
- Ask them about the cost of replacing the iPhone X screen. However, this depends on the technician, so you must get a quote beforehand. Moreover, it would help if you also asked about the turnaround time for the repair. If it’s a basic screen repair, it can take only a few minutes to an hour. On the other hand, if the screen is completely shattered and other phone parts are also affected, the repair might take more than three or four hours.
- Make sure you back up the data by attaching it to a computer and using iTunes or an iCloud backup.
- Once the screen has been replaced, it is necessary to inspect the device to ensure that everything is in proper working order. Remember to test the touchscreen buttons and the camera to ensure they are all functional.
A broken iPhone XS screen can be frustrating, but it is not something you should worry about. Just make sure that you look for a registered technician who can replace your iPhone XS screen quickly and safely. Always research, backup your data, and inspect the device after restoring it to ensure it works properly. Following these steps will allow you to get your iPhone working quickly.