This type of visa is for applicants (Teachers and Students) who are invited by the Universities/ Foreign Language Universities and Schools under the Ministry of Education in Myanmar to do study course or lectures on a specific field. Education visas are issued for a stay in Myanmar up to 90 days and extendable in Myanmar according to domestic regulations.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE SENT TO EMBASSY (per applicant)
- Passport valid for more than six months and blank pages
- One Business Visa Application Form ( Download PDF )
- Two recent colour photographs (passport size)
- VISA FEE A$75.00 per person
- Direct invitation from the Ministry, the Universities or Schools in Myanmar mentioning the duration of stay.
- Personal letter applying for the education visa
- Recommendation letter from the Department/University where the applicants belong to
- Self-addressed pre-paid envelope or courier satchel large enough to hold all passport, for safe return, i.e. Registered Post, Platinum Express (ordinary postage is not acceptable) (if the applicant is living in another country and not in Australia, add extra A$ 30 for sending back the passport and your email.
- Payment of visa fees may be made by cash, money order, bank cheque or company cheque (payable to embassy of Myanmar). No Personal Cheques will be accepted under any circumstances. All payments must be in Australian dollars. If more than one applicant, payment can be combined in one Cheque/Money Order. Overseas applicants only may include return postage money in the visa fee payment.
MULTIPLE ENTRY EDUCATION VISAS
The applicants can apply for Multiple Entry Education Visas on a condition that applicants had been granted a single entry official visa previously. This type of visa is valid for a maximum period of up to 12 months for as many entries as necessary. Please submit the Personal Letter citing why it is necessary for this type of multiple visas in addition to the above-mentioned requirements. Multiple Entry Education visas are issued for a stay in Myanmar up to 90 days and are valid for entry into the country within three months from the date of issue. (Extendable in Myanmar according to rules and regulations)
Multiple Entry Education Visa fees with the validity of 1 year is 240 A$.