According to the Notification No. 157 / 2011 dated 21 December 2011 of the Union Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, it is necessary for Myanmar nationals working overseas to pay income tax up to the period of December 2011. The Government exempted Myanmar citizens living/working abroad from paying their income tax out of their total income with effect from 1st January 2012.
- Calculation for taxation is made based on the original rate of 10% of the total income for the period before 31 August 2011. (minimum: AUD60 per month)
- Pursuant to the Notification No. 157/2011 dated 21 December 2011 of the Union Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, calculation for taxation for the period starting from September 2011 to December 2011 is made based on 2% of income. (AUD12 per month)
- Ring Embassy and get full information regarding the amount before making a payment.
- Application Form Download Forms
- Duly-filled CV form (CV form is needed only for those who have to pay tax for the first time but those who paid tax to the Embassy before do not need to submit this CV form) Download Forms
- Original and a copy of Passport (Photo page , visa page, pages with departure & arrival seals of the Immigration counter)
- A copy of tax payment receipt of the latest payment for income tax.
- A copy of degree certificate from University (the applicant must be a full-time student and it is necessary to submit as a proof of being a full-time student.)
- If the applicant has finished his/her university studies, he/she will be regarded as an employed person/ employee and thus it is required to pay tax for the period mentioned-above. (only if applicable)
- All payment should be made by Money Order. ( Money Order mentioned the name of “Myanmar Embassy” as payee and the payer’s name has to be mentioned on the back side of the Money Order)
- A prepaid Return Self-Addressed Envelope/ Satchel with a tracking label must be attached. (NOTE: The applicant’s address MUST be mentioned CLEARLY, unless the Embassy will not take any responsibility if the return letter is lost during postal service process.)
- ALL TAX PAYERS are strongly urged to retain the tax payment receipt issued by this Embassy or any other Myanmar Embassy for future reference.