This type of visa is for applicants who are travelling to Myanmar for Media purposes. Journalist visas are issued for a stay in Myanmar up to 28 days and are valid for entry into the country within three months from the date of issue.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE SENT TO EMBASSY (per applicant)
- Passport valid for more than six months with sufficient pages
- One Journalist Visa Application Form ( Download PDF )
- Two recent colour photographs (passport size)
- VISA FEE A$60.00 per person
- Letter of request from the Local media that the applicant belongs to. Type of media, applicant’s name, passport details, position in company and Air Ticket must be included
- Personal letter asking for journalist visa (Why to go? Where to live? Contact Person from Myanmar?)
- Documents certifying that the employing media is recognized by the Ministry of Information/ Ministry of Home Affairs
- Self-addressed pre-paid envelope or courier satchel large enough to hold all passport, for safe return, i.e. Registered Post, Platinum Express (ordinary postage is not acceptable) (if the applicant is living in another country and not in Australia, add extra A$ 30 for sending back the passport and your email.
- Payment of visa fees may be made by cash, money order, bank cheque or company cheque (payable to embassy of Myanmar). No Personal Cheques will be accepted under any circumstances. All payments must be in Australian dollars. If more than one applicant, payment can be combined in one Cheque/Money Order. Overseas applicants only may include return postage money in the visa fee payment.