Applicants who wish to undertake a meditation course at a Myanmar Meditation Centre must first obtain a sponsorship/ invitation letter from the Myanmar Meditation Centre and then submit a full application to the Embassy. Meditation visas are issued for a stay in Myanmar up to 70 days and are valid for entry into the country within three months from the date of issue. If the proposed duration of stay is more than 70 days, the embassy needs more time to report back to the concerned ministries for approval.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE SENT TO EMBASSY (per applicant)
- Passport valid for more than six months with sufficient pages
- One Entry Visa Application Form ( Download PDF )
- One Meditation Visa Application Form ( Download PDF )
- Two recent colour photographs (passport size)
- VISA FEE A$75.00 per person
- Sponsorship letter from the Myanmar Meditation Centre with the duration of stay for meditation course in Myanmar
- Covering letter requesting visa, this letter should include your proposed length of stay in Myanmar, planned travel dates, business hours phone number and email address
- Self-addressed pre-paid envelope or courier satchel large enough to hold all passport, for safe return, i.e. Registered Post, Platinum Express (ordinary postage is not acceptable) (if the applicant is living in another country and not in Australia, add extra A$ 30 for sending back the passport and your email.
- Payment of visa fees may be made by cash, money order, bank cheque or company cheque (payable to embassy of Myanmar). No Personal Cheques will be accepted under any circumstances. All payments must be in Australian dollars. If more than one applicant, payment can be combined in one Cheque/Money Order. Overseas applicants only may include return postage money in the visa fee payment.
MULTIPLE ENTRY RELIGIOUS VISAS
Applicants who wishes to apply for the multiple entries Religious Visa, a maximum period is up to 12 months for as many entries as necessary. But the applicants must have been granted a single entry religious visa previously. Please submit the Personal Letter citing why it is necessary for this type of multiple visa with acceptable reasons) in addition to the above-mentioned requirements. Multiple Entry Religious visas are issued for a stay in Myanmar up to 10 weeks and are valid for entry into the country within three months from the date of issue. (Extendable in Myanmar according to rules and regulations)
Visa fees are as follows:
- A$225.00 per person for Multiple Entry Religious Visa with 3 months validity
- A$450.00 per person for Multiple Entry Religious Visa with 6 months validity
- A$675.00 per person for Multiple Entry Religious Visa with 1 year validity
Applications should be sent to the Embassy at least four weeks prior to departure from Australia
- Visa must be obtained in advance of travel to Myanmar. Please allow sufficient time to get the processing done. Visa application for the first time entry may take longer and applicants are advised to contact the Embassy prior to the application.
- Visa section can be contacted between 9:30am to 3:00pm from Monday to Friday except holidays. Please check holidays list on the website.
- Please refer to Travel Information page for using credit cards, money changers and all other financial and banking matters in Myanmar