Guidelines for the initial application for the Permanent Residence of a Foreigner
Regarding the application of Permanent Residence of a Foreigner in the Republic of Union of Myanmar, according to the instruction of the Ministry concerned, the Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar in Canberra accept the initial application.
Ex-Myanmar Citizen or foreigner who is entitled to apply the Permanent Residence of a Foreigner of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is eligible to apply the following the permanent residence categories:
a) PR as expert
Submission of the initial application for the Permanent Residence of a Foreigner form
For the initial application for the Permanent Residence, the application can be submitted from 0930 hrs to 1600 hrs (Monday to Friday) at the Myanmar Embassy or through Australian post.
The following documents are required:
– Application must be made in person concerned
– Application form (Ah Ma Na – 1) which is completely filled, signed and left thumb printed by the applicant
– Five recent photographs of 1.5 x 2 inches(Scanned photographs are not allowed & photograph must be taken in 6 months)
– Passport which is valid and travel documents( original and photocopy) (If the applicant is holding more than one passport, has to submit them)
– Applicant’s national Identity Card (original and photocopy)
_Invitation Letter or Letter of appointment from Myanmar with at least one year duration of stay
– Recommendation Letter of the registered clinic/hospital of the relevant country or Myanmar which certify the applicant is in good health and does not have any contagious disease(original and photocopy)
– Applicant may be asked to provide other documents if and when necessary; copy of official
– After submitting the required documents, personal interview with an officer from the embassy must be made in person concerned.
– Regarding to the above particulars, originals and (3) copies of documents shall be attached with the application.
– The applicant for the permanent residence shall pay United States Dollars (500) which is not returnable for the initial application to the Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar in Canberra whether the application is approved or not.
– It is informed that action will be taken in accordance with the existing law and regulations against anyone who submits fake documents for the initial application.
– Applicant may be asked to provide other documents if and when necessary based on the types of PR application; copy of official.