Myanmar citizens holding ordinary Myanmar Passports and their dependents are eligible to apply for a new Passport if their respective passports have only a few blank pages or if the validity period of the passport is less than six months.
- Application letter (original & a copy).
- Duly-filled personal biography forms (CV) (The applicants have to put their left and right thumb impressions and specimen signature) Download Forms
- Three photos with white background (size 35mmx 45mm, please follow the photograph requirements)
- Original Passport (together with a copy of it: copy the photo page , visa pages, last departure date from Yangon and the page mentioning validity date of the passport) Read Photographic Guidelines
- A copy of the last Tax receipt from Embassy (It is required for applicants to pay tax up to the period of December 2011; if the applicant is tax payer.)
- Copies of Passport and Tax receipt of your host (who invited you) (If the applicant is a dependent to a tax payer, the dependent will be regarded as family members/ the closest relative; meaning that either wife or under-aged son/daughter. It is not acceptable that the sister as a dependent to the brother. Only children —sons/daughters— can stay as dependents to their parents. Likewise, legally-married wife/spouse can stay as dependent to her husband/ spouse.)
- A copy of recommendation letter from the Embassy for the receipt of deposit for return trip airfare (if an applicant is a female dependent to a non-Myanmar citizen)
- A copy of valid electronic visa if the visa is not attached to your passport
- Recommendation Letter issued by University/ College/ School concerned mentioning his/ her study course and copies and certified true copy of Student Pass (if applicant is a student; and he/ she must has student visa)
- Passport renewal fee (Fee: *AUD 30*Australian Dollars thirty) should be paid by Money Order (mentioned the name of *Myanmar Embassy as payee **and the payers name has to be mentioned on the reverse side of the Money Order*).
- A prepaid Return Self-Addressed Envelope/ Satchel with a tracking label must be attached. Express Post Platinum is highly recommended. (NOTE: The applicant’s address MUST be mentioned CLEARLY, unless the Embassy will not take any responsibility if the return letter is lost during postal service process.)
- NOTE: If the passport renewal application is submitted two years after the expiry date of the passport, a FINE of AUD 30 (Thirty Australian Dollars) will be levied.
- The application will be treated as withdrawn if the applicant fails to submit all documents mentioned-above.