Myanmar citizens holding ordinary Myanmar Passports and their dependents are eligible to apply for a new Passport if their respective passports have only a few blank pages or if the validity period of the passport is less than six months.
After receiving the new passports, it is necessary for applicants to return the old passports to the Embassy without fail, after visa and stay permit has been transferred to the new passports. It is necessary because the Embassy has to forward old passports to the Passport Issuing Board in Myanmar according to the existing rules and procedures.
- Application letter (original & a copy) in two sets.
- Two duly-filled personal biography forms (CV) (Together with CV, the applicants have to put their left and right thumb impressions and specimen signature) Download Forms
- Three photos with white background (size 35mmx 45mm, please follow the photograph requirements)
- Original Passport (together with two copies of it: copy the photo page , visa page, last departure date from Yangon and the page mentioning validity date of the passport) Read Photographic Guidelines
- Two copies of the last Tax receipt from Embassy (It is required for applicants to pay tax up to the period of December 2011; if the applicant is tax payer.)
- Copies of Passport and Tax receipt of your host (who invited you) (If the applicant is a dependent to a tax payer, the dependent will be regarded as family members/ the closest relative; meaning that either wife or under-aged son/daughter. It is not acceptable that the sister as a dependent to the brother. Only children —sons/daughters— can stay as dependents to their parents. Likewise, legally-married wife/spouse can stay as dependent to her husband/ spouse.)
- A copy of recommendation letter from the Embassy for the receipt of deposit for return trip airfare (if an applicant is a female dependent to a non-Myanmar citizen)
- Recommendation Letter issued by University/ College/ School concerned mentioning his/ her study course and copies and certified true copy of Student Pass (if applicant is a student; and he/ she must has student visa)
- Passport renewal fee (Fee: *AUD 30*Australian Dollars thirty) should be paid by Money Order (mentioned the name of *Myanmar Embassy as payee **and the payers name has to be mentioned on the reverse side of the Money Order*).
- A prepaid Return Self-Addressed Envelope/ Satchel with a tracking label must be attached. (NOTE: The applicant’s address MUST be mentioned CLEARLY, unless the Embassy will not take any responsibility if the return letter is lost during postal service process.)
- NOTE: If the passport renewal application is submitted after the expiry date of the passport, a FINE of AUD30 (Australian Dollarsthirty) will be levied.
- The application will be treated as withdrawn if the applicant fails to submit all documents mentioned-above.